A Visual Novel with an immersive 3D first person perspective.
Synopsis: A young college student becomes the main protagonist in a series of extraordinary events which will determine the fate of the world.
The current version of the demo contains +41k words. It ends with a big revelation about everything that happened since the beginning and a new plot twist after that. If you see some problems with the demo, please let me know. I also like to know how you feel about the story. Is it too complicated? What age restriction should I put? What happens after the demo is that characters will reappear in different ways, there will be more clarifications about things that happened earlier, and an explanation will be given for the existence of the universe.
You can watch everything on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNN9HBioQixqmYr4YHffHeg , but there are some differences with the demo. The demo is the most updated version.
Because the current demo already gives a good explanation about the story, I decided to wait with posting further updates until the main story is completely finished.
There's also a blog on 7thgoddess-vn.tumblr.com where I will keep posting new pictures and some comments about how development continues.
Features of this novel include:
* characters realistically integrated into the environment
* different camera angles within the same environment
* animation-like sequences to simulate movement/gestures
* pre-rendered graphics
* graphic resolution = 960 x 640 (recommended for making it accessible to mobile platforms, as what I read on a visual novel forum)
* currently a kinetic novel (no choices), but choices will be added later after the main story is finished
* main protagonist is a 20 year old male college student. There’s a second protagonist who will be revealed later during the story.
* not a dating sim - this is a story about mysterious events, forces threatening the world, unusual characters/relationships
* no explicit/graphic adult content (probably just a few suggestive scenes), but it does contain some scenes or references that could be regarded as disturbing (rape, cannibalism, murder, mental manipulation, torture, suicide)
* themes include modern day society, magic/psychic abilities, an advanced alien culture with robots, spirits/undead, world creation/domination/destruction, unusual relationships, time travel, alternate dimensions, split personality, memory loss, deception/manipulation, rebellion, polygamy, fantasy creatures, insanity, moral ambiguity, frustration and acceptance, power and weakness.
* several characters are inspired by K-Pop singers, even though you will never see any similarities and there’s no reference to music at all. I just used videoclips as an inspiration for thinking about how I could make cool characters. The first versions of the novel were done with images and music from such videoclips.
This is currently a solo project, which I started in May 2017. I am making the graphics, story, programming … I made some music in the past which I am using (as well as some demo songs from software I own) and I will probably make some more later after I finish the story. Graphics is taking most of my time. I am not good with drawing so I make everything in 3D software (Daz Studio). I had no experience before with visual novels or graphic design. For making the novel, I started with Novelty, then Tyranobuilder and now Ren’Py. I realized later that pre-rendered graphics are normally not used for visual novels. But I want to make something with different camera angles within the same environments and for that I think I can only use pre-rendered graphics.
A few things about myself: I live in Belgium. I was 48 years old when I started to make this novel in 2017. I have a part time job. Since high school I have always had a desire to make games and write stories, but most of the time I didn’t get past the concept stage.